By CHOWDARI B V R ET AL
50 Years of fabrics technology in Singapore describes in bright element how a newly self reliant kingdom like Singapore built world-class examine features in fabrics technology that helped the rustic make swift growth in power, biomedical and electronics sectors. The economic system reflected this speedy path of growth, using home-grown know-how and the contribution of fabrics technological know-how to a few of the sectors is indisputable in making sure the industrial progress and balance of Singapore.
- Historical Narrative Early Beginnings to provide (Freddy Boey)
- Composites, Nanocomposites and Hybrid fabrics (Chaobin He, Xiao Hu, Zhang Yu and John Wang)
- Materials for Water Remediation (Membranes) (Sui Zhang, Lin Luo, Zhi Wei Thong and Tai-Shung Chung)
- Nanostructured Catalytic and Adsorbent fabrics for Water Remediation (Zhong Chen and Teik Thye Lim)
- solar power and effort garage fabrics and units study in Singapore (D Sabba, J Wang, M Srinivasan, A G Aberle and S Mhaisalkar )
- 50 Years of Biomaterials study in Singapore (Subbu Venkatraman, Swee Hin Teoh and Ali Miserez)
- 2D fabrics (Andrew T S Wee, Kian Ping Loh and Antonio H Castro Neto)
- Electronic fabrics examine in Singapore (Chee Ying Khoo, Pooi See Lee, Sze Ter Lim and Chee Lip Gan)
- "Singaporean" fabrics technological know-how: What Does the longer term carry? (Subbu Venkatraman)
Readership: basic public, humans drawn to historical past of Singapore, humans attracted to fabrics science.
- Covers the 50 12 months historical past of fabrics technological know-how in Singapore
- Shows how Singapore leads the area within the box of fabrics science
- Projects the way forward for fabrics technological know-how in Singapore
Read or Download 50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING) PDF
Similar nanostructures books
The instruction manual of Ellipsometry is a severe starting place textual content on an more and more serious topic. Ellipsometry, a dimension process in keeping with section and amplitude adjustments in polarized mild, is turning into well known in a widening array of purposes due to expanding miniaturization of built-in circuits and breakthroughs in wisdom of organic macromolecules deriving from DNA and protein floor learn.
This e-book brings jointly fresh advancements within the parts of MEMS tribology, novel lubricants and coatings for nanotechnological purposes, biomimetics in tribology and basics of micro/nano-tribology. Tribology performs very important roles within the functioning and sturdiness of machines at small size scales as a result of difficulties linked to powerful floor adhesion, friction, put on and so on.
Curiosity in buildings with nanometer-length good points has considerably elevated as experimental innovations for his or her fabrication became attainable. The examine of phenomena during this sector is called nanoscience, and is a study concentration of chemists, natural and utilized physics, electric engineers, and others.
This paintings constitutes a close learn of electric and magnetic homes in nanometric fabrics with more than a few scales: atomic-sized nanoconstrictions, micro- and nanowires and skinny motion pictures. to begin with, a unique approach to fabricating atomic-sized constrictions in metals is gifted; it is dependent upon measuring the conduction of the machine whereas a focused-ion-beam etching method is in development.
- Mechanical Vibration and Shock Analysis, Mechanical Shock: Volume 2 (Iste)
- Nanophysics for Energy Efficiency (SpringerBriefs in Energy)
- Light-Responsive Nanostructured Systems for Applications in Nanomedicine (Topics in Current Chemistry)
- Materials for Advanced Packaging
- Carbon Nanotube-Polymer Composites (Nanoscience)
Extra resources for 50 YEARS OF MATERIALS SCIENCE IN SINGAPORE (WORLD SCIENTIFIC SERIES ON SINGAPORE'S 50 YEARS OF NATION-BUILDING)