By Alain M. Robert
Discovered on the flip of the 20th century, p-adic numbers are usually utilized by mathematicians and physicists. this article is a self-contained presentation of simple p-adic research with a spotlight on analytic subject matters. It bargains many good points not often handled in introductory p-adic texts similar to topological versions of p-adic areas inside of Euclidian area, a unique case of Hazewinkel’s sensible equation lemma, and a remedy of analytic elements.
Read or Download A Course in p-adic Analysis (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Similar number theory books
Came across on the flip of the 20 th century, p-adic numbers are usually utilized by mathematicians and physicists. this article is a self-contained presentation of easy p-adic research with a spotlight on analytic themes. It deals many positive factors infrequently taken care of in introductory p-adic texts comparable to topological versions of p-adic areas inside of Euclidian area, a unique case of Hazewinkel’s practical equation lemma, and a remedy of analytic components.
Elliptic stories describes the most recent advancements in quantity idea through taking a look at the most interesting unsolved difficulties in modern mathematics—the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture. during this booklet, Avner Ash and Robert Gross consultant readers during the arithmetic they should comprehend this eye-catching challenge.
An creative advent to quantity concept, this special approach employs a couple of fictional characters, Ant and Gnam. Ant leads Gnam via a number of theories, and jointly, they positioned the theories into action—applying linear diophantine equations to soccer scoring, utilizing a black-magic gadget to simplify difficulties in modular buildings, and constructing exciting adjustments to the foundations of chess.
Il libro tratta di metodi di crittografia e sistemi, con particolare enfasi alla teoria dei numeri. Il libro è rivolto agli studenti universitari del nuovo ordinamento che debbano seguire un corso base di teoria dei numeri e crittografia. Il quantity è impostato in modo chiaro e sistematico, in modo da rendere facilmente accessibile los angeles materia agli studenti di matematica e informatica, fornendo peraltro parecchie descrizioni di applicazioni computazionali.
- The Parity Operator and the Riemann Hypothesis
- Semialgebraic Statistics and Latent Tree Models (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- The Congruences of a Finite Lattice: A Proof-by-Picture Approach
- A Primer on Mapping Class Groups (PMS-49) (Princeton Mathematical Series)
- Commutative Algebra and its Applications: Proceedings of the Fifth International Fez Conference on Commutative Algebra and Applications, Fez, Morocco, ... 2008 (De Gruyter Proceedings in Mathematics)
- The Colorado Mathematical Olympiad: The Third Decade and Further Explorations: From the Mountains of Colorado to the Peaks of Mathematics
Extra resources for A Course in p-adic Analysis (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)