By American Psychological Association,Gary R. VandenBos,Ph.D.
APA proudly bargains this targeted abridgment of its landmark, seriously acclaimed APA Dictionary of Psychology, in particular adapted for clinicians and clinicians-in-training. The APA Dictionary of medical Psychology keeps the entire most sensible beneficial properties of the guardian dictionary, including
- 11,000 entries delivering transparent and authoritative definitions—including a few solely new entries
- Balanced assurance from throughout such center parts as overview, assessment, analysis, prevention, and therapy of emotional and behavioral problems; education and supervision; in addition to phrases extra normally suitable to varied organic, cognitive, developmental, and personality/social mental underpinnings of psychological health
- Hundreds of incisive cross-references that deepen the user's realizing of comparable topics
- A quickly advisor to exploit that explains stylistic and formal good points at a glance
- Appendixes directory significant figures proper within the historical past of medical psychology and mental cures and psychotherapeutic approaches
An important source, the APA Dictionary of scientific Psychology solutions the desires of medical psychologists, whether or not they paintings in wellbeing and fitness or psychological healthiness clinics; in self sustaining or team practices; or as specialists to execs in such fields as drugs, legislation, social paintings, and patron relations.
Students in medical education will likewise locate it to be a well-focused and affordable substitute to the wider insurance of the father or mother work.
Read or Download APA Dictionary of Clinical Psychology PDF
Best psychology & counselling reference books
Foreign evaluation of analysis in psychological Retardation is an ongoing scholarly examine study into the reasons, results, class structures, syndromes, and so forth. of psychological retardation. participants come from wide-ranging views, together with genetics, psychology, schooling, and different health and wellbeing and behavioral sciences.
Named a 2013 Doody's center name! "In the fields of demise schooling, examine and counseling/psychology, without doubt invoice Worden is a big. .. .ALL folks, individually and professionally, are indebted to J. William Worden. From his paintings we might be just a little wiser, a section more healthy, a piece extra useful, and much more involved with which means (our personal and people of others) for the sake of all who mourn.
This interesting reference covers the key themes touching on dreaming and sleep, according to the most recent empirical proof from sleep learn in addition to drawn from a large diversity of dream-related interdisciplinary contexts, together with heritage and anthropology. • 330 alphabetically prepared entries• An appendix presents assets for additional examining, together with on-line assets• a distinct index on goals• fundamental assets lists afer every one access for reference and assessment
In those exceptional volumes, specialists from world wide highlight the most recent learn on actual and mental disabilities, in addition to the social, felony, and political concerns that come to undergo on these humans affected. those authors educate us what the disabilities are, how universal they've got develop into, what demanding situations individuals with disabilities face, what remedies can be found, and no matter if new promising efforts for rehabilitation are at the horizon.
- Aspekte der Co-Abhängigkeit und der Nutzen psychotherapeutischer Gruppen für Angehörige von Suchtkranken (German Edition)
- Violencia colectiva y salud mental: Contexto, trauma y reparación (Salud Mental Colectiva) (Spanish Edition)
- Körperlichen Veränderungen als kausale Folge von Emotionen? Die präzisierte Emotionstheorie von William James und Walter Cannons Kritik (German Edition)
- Zitate für Deinen Erfolg: zusammengefasst von Christiane Krohn (German Edition)
- Semantics in Acquisition: 35 (Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics)
Additional resources for APA Dictionary of Clinical Psychology