By Antonio J. Engler,Alexander Prestel
Read Online or Download Valued Fields (Springer Monographs in Mathematics) PDF
Best number theory books
Came across on the flip of the 20 th century, p-adic numbers are often utilized by mathematicians and physicists. this article is a self-contained presentation of uncomplicated p-adic research with a spotlight on analytic issues. It bargains many good points infrequently taken care of in introductory p-adic texts akin to topological versions of p-adic areas inside of Euclidian area, a distinct case of Hazewinkel’s practical equation lemma, and a remedy of analytic parts.
Elliptic stories describes the most recent advancements in quantity conception by way of taking a look at some of the most fascinating unsolved difficulties in modern mathematics—the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture. during this ebook, Avner Ash and Robert Gross consultant readers during the arithmetic they should comprehend this eye-catching challenge.
An inventive advent to quantity concept, this special approach employs a couple of fictional characters, Ant and Gnam. Ant leads Gnam via various theories, and jointly, they placed the theories into action—applying linear diophantine equations to soccer scoring, utilizing a black-magic gadget to simplify difficulties in modular buildings, and constructing interesting variations to the foundations of chess.
Il libro tratta di metodi di crittografia e sistemi, con particolare enfasi alla teoria dei numeri. Il libro è rivolto agli studenti universitari del nuovo ordinamento che debbano seguire un corso base di teoria dei numeri e crittografia. Il quantity è impostato in modo chiaro e sistematico, in modo da rendere facilmente accessibile l. a. materia agli studenti di matematica e informatica, fornendo peraltro parecchie descrizioni di applicazioni computazionali.
- College Geometry: A Unified Development (Textbooks in Mathematics)
- Computation, Cryptography, and Network Security
- Pi: The Next Generation: A Sourcebook on the Recent History of Pi and Its Computation
- Calabi-Yau Varieties: Arithmetic, Geometry and Physics: Lecture Notes on Concentrated Graduate Courses (Fields Institute Monographs)
- Vectors in Two or Three Dimensions (Modular Mathematics Series)
- Problems and Solutions in Real Analysis (Series on Number Theory and Its Applications)
Additional resources for Valued Fields (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)